Sunday, June 24, 2012

50 is the new... wait.... no, 50 is still just 50

The Internet can surely be used
better than this
Today I hit my 50th post. True it has taken me a few years to get here, but slow and steady is something I am not known for anywhere else but in the blogosphere. In the outside world I would be known as "the guy that doesn't stop talking" at work, "the guy from the country that can talk proper" at fencing, the "guy who thinks he knows it all" in my home town, "who's that guy? And why is he talking to me?" at stand-up gigs, "the man who isn't funny" with my girlfriend, "the man who runs ultra marathons" at my gym, but in my running group I am "the guy that can barely keep up".

It seems that I am a lot of things these days.

I am also recently a winner of not one, but two more kreativ blogger awards. One from my partner in crime, as long as the crime is murdering jokes, Michael D'Agostino of The world As I See It and one from Red from Doesn't Speak Klingon.

Normally I would have to answer questions and pass the award onto recipients, but considering I take my sweet arse time in writing posts I seem to be last at the restaurant holding the bill. So I will have to announce great new blogs when I find them. So here is a blog to get you started: Delightfully Ludicrous. I am quite new to this blog but I find her posts interesting and amusing. I don't follow blogs unless they do something for me and I follow this one. Coincidence? (I am not sure Kelie will be using that quote anytime soon for promotional purposes: "I follow this one" - Rusty).

Favourite Song?
It jumps between "Forty Six & 2" or "Lateralus" by Tool depending if I am feeling philosophical or mathematical.

Kreativ to the power of 3... allegedly
What's your favourite dessert?
Crepe with Nutella! Also a big fan of biscuits, but it's not a dessert food as it's any time food, because tea is an any time drink.

What do you do when you are upset?
Frown. I usually do something to distract me in the meantime.

Which is your favourite pet?
I currently have no pets because I rent. It is easier to find places when you have no pets. I love dogs, and I generally love it when my friends have dogs, because then they are like children that are not mine, I can play with them and give them back without having to walk them, feed them, vaccinate them, bath them, ...

White Bread or Wholemeal?
If I am having vegemite, then you have got to rock the white bread. Any situation requiring more flair than a standard loaf should be a white bread in my opinion. Everyday sandwich, go the wholemeal, unless you are celiac. Then go with the rice crackers.

Bread is a moot point for Nutella; it doesn't matter what bread you use, because bread is merely the vessel for chocolaty goodness.

What's your biggest fear?
Never being good enough and being a disappointment

What's your attitude most of the time?
It depends on how many people sign up for Nutella over peanut butter, which isn't going well so far. I would like to think happy, but I am at work at the moment so it could be anything...

10 Random facts.
01. I grew up in country South Australia, but I was born in country New South Wales. 
10. I like using binary to cheat.

So after 50 what is next? 51, but there are other projects on the way. I have been asked to submit a short story for a South Australian writing group putting together an anthology, more stand up when I can get these new jokes right (or I throw them out entirely and start again), I am starting a Masters in Project Management in two weeks, full marathon in August, and new and exciting projects with Michael to be released soon, so watch our blogs (and there are a few more blogs coming a long for the ride) for details.

And to celebrate my milestone I am announcing my ascention into more time wasting opportunities, because lets face it, what is the point of having time you are not allowed to waste it?

"Stop stalling give us the announcement!"

Fine, I have decided to joining the swelling ranks of twitter.

Twitter_newbird_boxed_blueonwhite
Tweet this.
So release the twitters! I have decided to take the plunge into that great time waster of them all, if you wish to follow me you can catch my antics at @RustyHartup


If you have twitter, and you are reading this, then you qualify to being followed so leave it for me to start stalking (not an actual stalk).

I was hoping to post another stand up clip to celebrate 50. I have been working on new stuff, but the jokes are not ready yet to be released into the blogosphere.


But thank you very much for all of you who stop by here time to time, and I hope we can spend many evenings, lunchtimes, or just when the boss isn't looking, what ever the time of day, together.


Cheers,


Rusty

38 comments:

  1. I think I just had a nerd-gasm finding out I'm not the only one who thinks Lateralus is amazing. See you on Twitter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lateralus is not only amazing it is mind blowing. Twitter ahoy!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on the awards and I'm following you on Twitter! Actually, I'm tweeting to you on Twitter already :)

    I loved bread being a moot point since it's just a vehicle for Nutella ... nice how you worked that in lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations and welcome to Twitter. Once you get the hang of it, you will love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and thank you. I'll try my best not to be too annoying on there

      Delete
  4. teehee @ "binary to cheat". I'm not exactly a math nerd, but I love math jokes. Nice one. ...makes up for the Nutella.

    I recently joined Twitter, too. I don't use it much, but I'll follow you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dude! I can't find you on twitter! (I said I was new)It's saying there are no results for "@rustyhartup". Try me @notklingonred.

      Delete
    2. Why so much anti-Nutella? did they not bring something to your peanut butter cookies?

      Am following you now

      Delete
    3. Nutella is fine in conjunction with peanut butter. It's just dessert otherwise.

      Delete
    4. So why not have a dessert sandwich?

      Delete
  5. What is it about Tool fans and Nutella? You can't have one without the other, I guess. I prefer APC.
    Congratulation on the award, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love "Thirteenth Step" from APC, that is one of my favourite albums of all time. Start to finish it is gold.

      Delete
    2. Oh, you should see them live. I caught them on tour last year, and it was worth the price. But just what the hell is up with Maynard hiding, or facing away from the stage?

      Delete
    3. APC didn't tour here last year, but Tool toured recently and I saw them. Almost lost my job because of it but totally worth the reprimand :)

      Delete
  6. Glad you decided to take a chance on that new twitter thing...maybe after that you could decide that My Space may be doomed...

    Congrats on the awards and the 50th post.

    WG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MySpace is where its at! as long as the "at" you're looking for is redundancies...

      Delete
  7. You have quite a good comeback to any heckle now "I've one 2 Kreativ blogger awards, your argument is invalid" or another personal favourite of mine "But lasagna is lasagna, your argument is invalid"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Correction, I know have 3 kreativ blogger awards. My first one was given to me by this man ^^ above. Wily Guy at itsmynd.com, go check him out too.

      Now that makes the comeback unbreakable and useful outside of gigs...

      "Hello officer"
      "do you have any reason for speeding young man?"
      "I have won 3 kreativ bloggers awards"
      "damit, okay sir, drive safe"

      Delete
  8. You're on Twitter?? Who knew?! ;) lol Let the sneaky tweets about the anti-twitter people commence!!!

    P.S. A crepe with nutella sounds delicious, but let's add some banana in there. Yum!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, by adding a banana it totally makes it a healthy desert :D

      Good thinking Jax!

      Anyone not on twitter better look out, some serious slagging off is about to descend ;)

      Delete
  9. Nutella crepes are my absolute favorite dessert, and if I knew how to make them myself, I'd never leave the house and I'd weigh 300 lbs. True story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My girlfriend can make them, but she doesn't do it often. It is worse than withholding sex from a man damn-it!

      Delete
  10. Man you are crafty! You found a way to avoid listing all 10 things. I am envious!!

    Well deserved awards of course!

    Glad to have you on twitter. The Lady in Red and I like to publicize people.

    So get ready.

    (also-nutella-is-gross-but-I've-already-said-that-so-I-guess-more-Nutella-for-you)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on your awards! You have a really great site.

    I do have one burning question, though...what in the world is vegemite? Is that something everyone eats in Australia? I did just google it, but it seems a bit...odd. But I'd be willing to give it a try, I suppose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Any foreigner that tries it usually regrets it. It's become more of a national in-joke than an actual item of food.

      Delete
    2. Okay, Michael, now I really have to try it! We do have stores that carry imported products, so I'm going on the hunt for it!

      Delete
    3. Don't listen to him, it is not an "in joke" it is part of our national idenity.

      Vegemite is awesome but please follow these rules
      1) Don't spread it like jam. A THIN layer is all that is needed.
      2) Use White bread for maximum results
      3) don't spread it like jam. You should have more butter than vegemite
      4) Use real butter
      5) Don't spread it like jam. Much like wasabi, start small and build up. It will last in the cupboard for ever so take your time.

      Delete
    4. I just tried it and it was awful...maybe because I spread it like jam?

      Just kidding, havent found it yet, but I definitely am going on the hunt for it this weekend. But I have another question...is there a purpose to eating this stuff? I mean, is it healthy or anything? Or is it a baffling phenomenon like Spam in the United States...unhealthy and a bit disgusting, yet oddly good at times?

      I will let you both know how the experiment goes! I'm sure you won't be able to sleep until you know if I could stand it or not ;)

      Delete
    5. I saw Jason Alexander do stand-up in Adelaide and he talked about vegemite. He said "That is not food. Just because you can eat it does not make it food. I can eat a ball-bearing... That doesn't make it food."

      But who knows, maybe you'll fall in love with it and add another side to our spread war.

      Delete
    6. It is food. Only just, it is derived from the left over yeast after beer making. It is high in B vitimins, but also high in salt.

      So if you already have a high salt intake, it is probably not the best thing to try.

      I like it with grilled cheese :)

      Delete
  12. Well done on making the fifty mark, but I hear that's only about twelve in blogger years.

    I'll be getting twitter as soon as I get a smartphone, which will be sometime after I've paid for that radio course that Ivan did, which will be sometime after I get a new guitar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Timeline, I'll hold you to it.

      I imagine you will be hitting fifty later this year, it pays to post more often

      Delete
  13. Congratulations on the award! Personally, I have never been on twitter. It looks a bit confusing and I have facebook to distract me enough!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah I wasn't doing much at work these days anyway so I thought what the hell.

      Plus peer pressure and all that jazz :p

      Delete
  14. Hey Rusty,

    Just wanted to let you know I gave you an award on my blog. It's here: http://beckyispassingthrough.blogspot.in/ if you wanna swing by and pick it up sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey Rusty!
    I'm a new follower but LOOOOVE your blog and wish I'd found it sooner. I have an award for you also ( I see Becky's given you one too.) so come on by and check out the details!
    www.hammockinthehoneysuckle.blogspot.com

    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And thank you :)

      I will pop over shortly and check it out.

      Delete